Wednesday, December 12, 2012

The Dentist

This story happened about a month ago, but it is definitely blog worthy.  I hate teeth. There's nothing pleasant about looking at people's teeth. I love when people show you their teeth when there's a problem.  I have no desire to look in your mouth and see bits of food and rotting teeth! I don't know how Dentists do their job. It just grosses me out.  AND I love working with kids, but man, they always want to show off their wiggly tooth.  I would be just fine if I never had to look in someone's mouth again.
Because I hate teeth so much, I really didn't want to have any teeth issues over here in Tajikistan.  Sadly, a filling started to crack and everything was beginning to hurt. It was apparent that I was going to have to go to the dentist.
So I found the best dentist in town. A group of dentists that were trained by other Tajiks that had studied in Germany.  When I walked in, it was okay. Nothing too crazy, and at least the dentist spoke English.
Overall, it was an okay experience.  I had to buy my own dental tools. Yup you read that correctly.  I had to buy my own dental tools.  I own a few drills, the thing you brush with, and a bunch of other tools I don't recognize.  For all of the tools, it cost me about 20 dollars.  If I have to go back into the dentist, I just bring my own tools. I found a doctor in town that said he would sterilize my equipment for me.
For now, everything seems to be okay. I am curious to go back to the US and have a dentist there check out my filling and tell me how the Tajikistan dentists did.
 Also, if you ever come to Tajikistan, you will see plenty of Tajiks with gold mouths.  I think 50 percent of the people I meet have a mouth full of gold. If anyone wants a good deal on a grill, come on over! 

1 comment:

  1. I am hoping your new filling is gold. But no, you don't have to show me.

    ReplyDelete